Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Bundeena Excursion.

This album is powered by BubbleShare - Add to my blog Last week my classmates and I had a great time in Bundeena and Cronulla.

It was my first excursion, and with all my new friends in Sydney, it was really exciting^-^.
That morning we went on the cute little green-and-yellow ferry from Cronulla to the Royal National Park , Bundeena. I enjoyed exploring the upper reaches of the Hacking River, until the hard wind started blowing.

After 20 minutes on the waterways we arrived at Bundeena. The Royal National Park is the second oldest proclaimed park in the world (after Yellowstone in the US). First we walked through a beach. Then we climbed hills and walked through the forest and arrived at the famous Dharawal Engravings. The Dharawal people lived here possibly 30 000 years or more ago. The engravings could be from 200 to about 5 000 years old. There are several big and small fish on the rocks. We had to walk very carefully to avoid stepping on the engravings.

On our way back there was a big shower, but it was short . We just stood under the trees a while. After that went to a club and had lunch there. Sally walked very fast and joked " who ever is the last doesn't get lunch!".

When we finished lunch, and got back to Cronulla it was already 2:30pm, but we still wanted to hang around. Some stuends went back on the train but my friends and I wanted to stay and go around Cronulla shops. Before we went back to the train station we all had some big delicious icecreams there ^-^.

I was little tired when I back home, but I had a wonderful day.

1 comment:

BO LIANG said...

Where is my photo!good writing.